VEGAN Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies that will disappear before your eyes
3 Tbs. canola oil
2 cups walnuts
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1½ cups oat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Blend walnuts in food processor 30 seconds, or until ground into a fine meal. Add canola oil, and blend 2 to 3 minutes more, or until mixture has the consistency of natural peanut butter, scraping down sides of food processor occasionally. Transfer to small bowl.
3. Whisk together brown sugar and ½ cup water in small saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over ground walnut butter, add vanilla extract, and stir until no lumps remain.
4. Whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl. Stir oat flour mixture into walnut mixture. Cool 10 minutes. Add in oats and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop dough by spoonfuls into 1-2 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with bottom of drinking glass dipped in water. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.