Chocolate Rice Crispy bars with Peanut Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
5 tablespoons liquid sweetener (I use agave), or to taste
pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup rice crisp cereal
PEANUT BUTTER SHELL DRIZZLE
2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter (or any nut/seed butter of choice)
1.5-2 teaspoons coconut oil, as needed to thin out
1 teaspoon liquid sweetener (agave)
- For the crispy bar: Line a 9×5 inch glass pan (Pyrex) with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. In a sauce pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the rest of the ingredients (except the rice crisp) to taste. Once the mixture is smooth remove from heat and stir in the rice crisp cereal. Pour mixture into prepared pan, smooth out, and then freeze for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is solid.
- For the PB drizzle: Melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the peanut butter and agave. Scoop into a plastic bag.
- Remove crunch bar from freezer. Cut a small hole in the bag and drizzle the PB mixture onto the bar.
- Return bars to the freezer until the PB drizzle is solid, about 5 minutes.
- Serve straight from the freezer or fridge. Don’t leave the bars out too long, they will melt slightly at room temperature.